Monday, October 22, 2007

The Daily Crazy - October 10, 2007 (afternoon edition)

*singing*
"Stick to your gun
Ain't nobody gonna hurt you, baby
You can go for the trigger
But only if you have to
Aim from the heart
Some will love and some will curse you, baby
And you can go to war
But only if you have to
It's only if you have to"
- Bon Jovi (Stick to Your Guns)

Right. Today. Lunchtime. WOOT.

My partner in crime has been tied up dealin' with the devil (aka - her boss) so... I decide to run next door and pick us up some grub. To the "Gasateria" as we so fondly call it. (Gas station / deli combo... sounds delicious doesn't it? They actually make FABULOUS sammiches)

I digress.

Now we go there often. It's right next door. A ten minute run to go pick up grub. RIGHT.

So I get in my car, drive on over, la la la... do do do... singing along with my iPod on the way over (to Fall Out Boy of course... ) order up the sammiches, pick up some drinks, etc. etc. Hm.

I get up in line... ready to whip out my nifty debit card cuz... who actually carries cash around these days right? (peanut gallery - no comments please... I am one of those fools who has decided cash is unnecessary 99% of the time). Right.

And I hear...

The credit card machine isn't working. DEMMIT. I say, ok, I'll go grab some cash from your ATM. Nope. Not working either. DOUBLE DEMMIT.

I have a grand total of $10 in my wallet... which is more than I usually carry. Now... had I been at McHeartattacks? No problem. This place? I forgot to mention, it's a little pricey. I can guarantee two sammiches, two bottles of water and... oh alright I'll fess up... a snack pack sized bag of French Onion Sunchips (I had a breath-death-wish today)... is gonna cost more than ten bucks. DEMMIT DEMMIT DEMMIT.
*stomp foot in frustration... grumble... expletive...*

There is no where else close and convenient to grab cash. So I have to run back next door, grab cash from criminal #1 (who is working through lunch slaving for the leather-face...aka biotch... who will remain nameless), run back and... SCORE... grab a parking spot out front (which I grudgingly gave up the first time when I had to leave to pick up the cash), go back in, stand in line AGAIN, pay for my booty and skidoot.

Getting OUT of the parking lot the second time proves to be a challenge. Everyone and their mother is trying to get both in and out of this place. OY.

I get back to the office, deliver da grub, and flop down into my chair thoroughly exausted. Phew.

I open up what I know is going to be a delicious roast beef sammich with cheese, lettuce, salt/pepper, and believe it or not... ketchup (trust me... it's SO good)... if you get your ear close you can still hear it mooing too... it's that rare... mmmmMMM... BEEF... Moo.

I then realize they forgot to put lettuce on my sammich. Son of a ...EXPLETIVE.

And that folks... was my lunch hour. The only thing that saved me was that I was able to watch this weeks episode of Heroes online. The one my Tivo ... grumble grumble... missed recording on Monday.

I wonder what my horoscope says about my day today... Probably something along the lines of "Go back to bed and stay there."


Funny stuff...

PLEASE. If you're not laughing at ME by now...

No comments: