Saturday, October 20, 2007

(past crazy) The Daily Crazy - 8/29/07

*singing*
"When the walls come tumblin' down,
When the walls come crumblin' crumblin'....
When the walls come tumblin' tumblin'....
tumblin' tumblin'.... down.... "
- John Mellencamp (Crumblin' Down)

A wise person once said to me (well, either that or I read it in a book... just sounds better sayin' someone wise gave me the advice...)

"Live each day to the fullest. You only get to live that day once."

Excellent advice isn't it? I thought of it today as I was wishing for this week to be over and for it to be Friday (4-day weekend... sweeeeet). I stopped and said, "why on earth would I want this day to be over that much quicker?" I only get once shot at today, Wednesday August 29th, 2007. Why not make it a good one?"

So folks, if you're having a rough day, remember... you only get one shot at livin' it up today. Make it a good one.

Now that I've come down off my serious soap box... I have a funny story...

Some of you may already know this, but I figured I would share again. I sit on the floor in front of a mirror when I get ready in the morning. The dogs sit with me and I like spending that time with them.


One problem.

When I go to raise my arm to put my hair up or do whatever... Dooley takes that as an invitation to ... well... to lick my armpit. He has this strange fascination with armpits. Ok, not so much the pit itself, but deodorant and lotions. You think I would be smart enough to wait until I'm about to leave to put it on (because if I don't have it on, he has no interest... not that I blame him). However, I know I would forget to put it on and well... that's not good.

So this morning, I noticed him lying right by the mirror... laying in wait... Now, he's smart and knows I'm on to his game. So as I sit down he slowly gets up... stretches and yawns... nudges my hand for me to pet him... and as I go to pet him... SLLLLURRRRRRRRRPPP! He dives right under and takes a big lick. Nice. So I yell "DON'T LICK MY PITS!!" Before I realize... the windows are wide open. I'm sure that was part of his evil plan.

Thwarted again...

No comments: