Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Daily Crazy - November 15, 2007

*singing*
"Yeh, this one's for the workers who toil night and day
By hand and by brain to earn your pay
Who for centuries long past for no more than your bread
Have bled for your countries and counted your dead

In the factories and mills, in the shipyards and mines
We've often been told to keep up with the times
For our skills are not needed, they've streamlined the job
And with sliderule and stopwatch our pride they have robbed

We're the first ones to starve, we're the first ones to die
The first ones in line for that pie-in-the-sky
And we're always the last when the cream is shared out
For the worker is working when the fat cat's about

And when the sky darkens and the prospect is war
Who's given a gun and then pushed to the fore
And expected to die for the land of our birth
Though we've never owned one lousy handful of earth?

We're the first ones to starve, we're the first ones to die
The first ones in line for that pie-in-the-sky
And we're always the last when the cream is shared out
For the worker is working when the fat cat's about

All of these things the worker has done
From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
And always expected to carry the can
- Dropkick Murphy's (Worker's Song)


First, I must comment and say "Friendship is a gift in itself." My Dove Bar told me so. *GRIN*

So I decided to wake up early this morning. Ya know, be the good employee and get to work early, get some things taken care of, etc. *snicker...gag*

Right.

I rolled out of bed... with a horrible scowl... put myself together... and flung myself out the door. I get on the road and am doing pretty good... until... yet again...

HOLY TRAFFIC BATMAN.

How is it that I left the house a half an hour early, and I still made it to work 10 minutes LATE? That's just. MEAN. Not only am I seriously cranky cuz I had to roll my sorry behind outta bed early... but I didn't even get here early as planned... I was LATE.

And why is it I always wind up having a giant cup of juice the day I get stuck in traffic? My car is practially sideways I parked so crooked (hush peanut gallery... most of you know I can't park anyway). I just wanted it somehwere in the vacinity of a spot so I could park it, run into the building, and make a beeline for the ladies room.

Anyhoo... a short story...


DEATH OF A LADYBUG

Little ladybug crawlin' on the bathroom sink.
Poor, poor little ladybug. Lost his/her way.


I see little ladybug... crawlin' on the bathroom sink.
Poor, poor little ladybug. Lost his/her way.

I know little ladybugs are Dooley Candy.
Poor, poor little ladybug. Lost his/her way.

"Dooley! Come ere! You want one?" ("you want one" being code for "treat")
Poor, poor little ladybug. Lost his/her way.

I gently pick up little ladybug. Dubbed "Snack."
Poor, poor little ladybug. Lost his/her way.

Dooley comes a runnin'. Snufflin' my hands... wanting a peek of said morsel.
Poor, poor little ladybug. Lost his/her way.

Cody takes a sniff. And wisely, is not interested.
Poor, poor little ladybug. Lost his/her way.

I carefully place Snack on the floor ... where he/she crawls towards his/her doom.
Poor, poor little ladybug. Lost his/her way.

He cocks his head to the side... sizes Snack up... one more snuffle... then ... SLURP!
Poor, poor little ladybug. He/She is no more.

My dog is WEIRD. He eats ladybugs. What the...? LOVES them. I point one out and... SLURP! They give off a bad smell and a horrible taste (supposedly, I've never had the pleasure of tasting one). Hence the red color with black polka dots which equals a giant neon sign blinking "Don't Eat Me! I Taste Horrible!" Nope. Not to my dog.

Ladybug = Dooley Candy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Funny stuff...
Thank you Yoda... Gracious, you are. Funny, this is.


Are You Having a bad day?????

In a hospital's Intensive Care Unit, patients always died in the same bed, on Sunday morning, at about 11:00 a.m., regardless of their medical condition.

This puzzled the doctors and some even thought it had something to do with the supernatural. No one could solve the mystery as to why the deaths occurred around 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, so a worldwide team of experts was assembled to investigate the cause of the incidents.

The next Sunday morning, a few minutes before 11:00 a.m., all of the doctors and nurses nervo usly waited outside the ward to see for themselves what the terrible phenomenon was all about. Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer books, and other holy objects to ward off the evil spirits.

Just when the clock struck 11:00, Pookie Johnson, the part-time Sunday sweeper, entered the ward and unplugged the life support system so he could use the vacuum cleaner.

Having a Bad Day????

The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez Oil spill in Alaska was $80,000.00. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively saved animals were being released back into the wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers.

A minute later, in full view, a killer whale ate them both.

Still think you are having a Bad Day????

A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen shaking frantically, almost in a dancing frenzy, with some kind of wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current, she whacked him with a handy plank of wood, breaking his arm in two places. Up to that moment, he had been happily listening to his Walkman.

STILL think you're having a Bad Day????

Two animal rights defenders were protesting the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn, Germany. Suddenly, all two thousand pigs broke loose and escaped through a broken fence, stampeding madly.

The two helpless protesters were trampled to death.

What?? STILL having a Bad Day????

Iraqi terrorist Khay Rahnajet didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb.
It came back with "Return to Sender" stamped on it.
Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits.

There now, feeling Better ????



More funny stuff...


















1 comment:

Colleen said...

So what's more strange... the fact that your dog eats lady bugs or the fact that you feed them to him?!?!? lol