Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Daily Crazy - November 8, 2007

*singing*
"They say the heart of rock and roll is still beating
And from what I've seen I believe em
Now the old boy may be barely breathing
But the heart of rock and roll
The heart of rock and roll is still beating"
- Huey Lewis & the News (Heart of Rock & Roll)

and...

"Don't tell me that I'm crazy
Don't tell me I'm nowhere
Take it from me
It's hip to be square
It's hip to be square
- Huey Lewis & the News (Hip to be Square)

and...

"Somedays won't end ever and somedays pass on by,
I'll be working here forever, at least until I die.
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't
I'm supposed to get a raise week, you know damn well I won't.

Workin' for a livin' (workin')
Workin' for a livin' (workin')
Workin' for a livin', livin' and workin'
I'm taking what they giving 'cause I'm working for a livin'. "
- Huey Lewis & the News (Workin' for a Livin')


I have all three of these songs stuck in my head. Ever have that happen? It's irritating cuz I'm boppin' to one and it's like the radio station in my head abruptly changes, then mixes it up, then changes it back. It's worse when it's three totally different songs from three totally different artists.

Have I mentioned I love my iPod? (nuther plug... CHA-CHING!) Best creation EVER. It goes everywhere with me. To the office, in the car, on the treadmill... though I'm gonna have to work on a "hoofin' it mix." Cuz right now when I play it, it goes from Avril Lavigne to Rob Zombie to Britney Spears (oh stop... Gimme More is a great tread mill song... trust me... was shakin' my booty and jacked it up another notch ... it works for me... so there. hmph) ...

Anyway... as I was saying when I was so rudely interrupted by the snickers... (mmmm... Snickers bar... stop it!)

To Beethoven... to Godsmack... to Racal Flatts... to Aerosmith... to Dixie Chicks ... to Fall Out Boy... to Van Halen ... to... you name it and it's probably on my iPod. And the thing is barely half full. (look at that... "glass half full" kinda girl...)

Yeah... my head has spun all the way around on more than one occasion. And on the treadmill, that's generally a bad thing.


Funny stuff...

A man decided to leave work early and go drinking. He stayed at the bar until
it closed and by then, he was very drunk. When he got home, he didn't want to
wake up his wife, so he removed his shoes and started to tiptoe up the stairs.

Halfway up the stairs, he fell backwards and landed flat on his butt. That
wouldn't have been so bad, but he had a couple of empty bottles in his back
pocket which broke and carved up his buttocks pretty badly. He was so drunk
though, that he didn't even realize he was hurt.

He made it up the stairs and into the bathroom, where he began to undress.
Suddenly noticing some blood, he checked himself out in the mirror. Sure enough,
he saw that his behind was cut up something awful. He repaired the damage as
best he could, under the circumstances, and went to bed.

When he woke up in the morning, his head was hurting, his backside was
hurting, and he was cowering under the covers, trying to think up a good story.

Just then, his wife entered the room and said, "Well, it looks like you
really tied one on last night. Where were you?"

"I worked late, dear," he replied, meekly, "and went out for a couple of
beers."

"A couple of beers? That's a good one," she snapped. "You got plastered! Where
did you go?"

"What makes you so sure I got drunk last night, anyway?" he asked.

"Well," she replied, "my first clue was when I got up this morning and saw all
the band-aids stuck to the mirror....."



More funny stuff...









http://www.comics.com/

http://www.jokepier.com/

No comments: