Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Daily Crazy - November 7, 2007

*singing*
"It’s how the hustle goes, see what the jukebox knows.
Put my last quarter on, I play "Authority Song."

Honesty or mystery?
Tell me I’m not scared anymore.
I got no secret purpose, I don’t seem obvious do I? Do I?
I don’t seem obvious do I? Do I?

The DJ never has it, J A M C Automatic.
If those were Roy's headphones, you bet he'd play "What Goes On."

Honesty or mystery?
Tell me I’m not scared anymore.
I got no secret purpose, I don’t seem obvious do I? Do I?
I don’t seem obvious do I? Do I?

Oh I'm here, that means something doesn't it?
Oh won’t you dance with me a little bit?
Oh you don’t notice, I guess the music’s too loud.

It’s how the hustle goes, see what the jukebox knows.
Put my last quarter on, I play "Authority Song".

Honesty or mystery?
Tell me I’m not scared anymore.
Say anything you want already I’m not scared anymore.

Honesty or mystery?
Want something else?
Just tell me I’m not scared anymore.
I got no secret purpose, I don’t seem obvious do I? Do I?
I don’t seem obvious do I? Do I?"
- Jimmy Eat World (The Authority Song)

A very cool song. I have rediscovered this band... check it out here...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tnaS6qmHWjc

It's a very sad day here at work today. We are losing two more people. Both by their own choice. Greener pastures and all. *sigh* Unfortunately, one of them is my boss. I'm incredibly sad that he is leaving. He has been a pleasure to work with. I swear, I thought he was gonna be a "lifer" like me. Apparantly not! But you know, if something falls in your lap you have to jump on it. We have to make sure we take care of ourselves first. *double sigh*

*shake it... shake it... shakin' it off...*

Ok. Sad moment passed. *GRIN*

So have I mentioned that my contractor is STILL not done with my house? GONE all weekend. Showed up for maybe half the day Saturday and disappeared. No-show on Monday night. No call either. Didn't show until almost 9pm last night. Hm. Did I also mention that we failed our electrical and plumbing inspection last weekend? Did those items get fixed last night? NOPE. HM. Finger to lip *bippity bippity bip*

Did I mention that he is a wee man of maybe 5ft tall?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm gonna STOMP on his wee toes.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Mmmm... he kinda looks like a baby... The other other white meat... Come ere'... I'm gonna EAT ya!... Get in my BELLY!"


Good quotes...

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick

Work and acquire, and thou hast chained the wheel of Chance. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Funny stuff...


Q. What's the difference between a piano and a fish?
A. You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

Q. How do you communicate with a fish?
A. Drop him a line!

Q. Where do sheep get haircuts?
A. The baa-baa shop!

JOKE:

Driving to work, a gentlman had to swerve to avoid a box that fell out of a truck in front of him. Seconds later, a policeman pulled him over for reckless driving.

Fortunately, another officer had seen the carton in the road. The policmen stopped traffic and recovered the box. It was found to contain large upholstery tacks.

"I'm sorry sir," the first trooper told the driver, "but I am still going to have to write you a ticket." Amazed, the driver asked for what.

The trooper replied, "Tacks evasion."


More funny stuff...








www.comics.com

No comments: