Monday, November 19, 2007

The Daily Crazy - November 19, 2007

*singing*
"Back to the old grind

I don't need another long coffee break
I've had as much coffee as a man can take
I need to change my disposition
Change my point of view
I need time to figure out what I want to do

Believe me when I tell you it gets a little rough
We work a little harder but it never is enough

I'm not afraid to say
I'm a total loss
All I want is a couple days off

Cant wait for the weekend"
- Huey Lewis & the News (Couple Days Off)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX6TdNPfGvA

I'm not sure where my new found love for Huey Lewis & the News came from... but I'm diggin' their tunes. Between them and Fall Out Boy, I'm a happy girl.

Anyhoo...

*sniffle... lip quiver... tear...pout*

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes... I know. It's the dreaded day... the one that starts to creep into your thoughts late Sunday afternoon. MONDAY.

And how does it start off for me? Well. Let's see. I rolled out of bed at least half an hour late - there was no getting up for me. Just wasn't gonna happen. It was my own fault really...

To all of you... if you ever hear me say "Oh no, if I take a nap late in the afternoon, I have no problem going to bed." BATMAN ME. You know... POW! WHAM!

Once upon a time I was able to nap late and had no problem going to bed around the normal time. Nope. Last night midnight ticked by and my eyelids were nowhere near heavy. I don't know how long I laid staring up at the ceiling, but it felt like hours. Of course, Dooley was out cold. And was hogging the blankets big time. And I can't disturb him to pull some blankets for myself. Surely not. *smirk*

Back to this morning. I finally go to leave and discover... it's snowing. Heavily. And what shoes am I wearing? Black shiny slippery 3in+ heels. Cuz I'm SMART. *grumble... expletive* I rip em' off my feet, shove them in my bag, and run upstairs for a pair of boots. Good move.

I finally get on the road and... ooooohhhh how ppprrEEEEEEETTTyyyyy!! *insert high pitched eeeeeEEEEE sound here*

It was pretty for about 5.2 seconds. Because it took me an hour to get to work. Cuz it's the first snow and of course everyone panics with the first snow. *grumble... expletive...*

Lousy way to start the day...

HOWEVER.

We have to get through today... tomorrow... Wednesday... and then....
THANKSGIVING BABY!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not only that but it's.... A FOUR DAY WEEKEND. NICE!! *singing* "Hum Hallelujah...just off the key of reason..." (Thought I'd sneak in a little Fall Out Boy there seeing as to how I've been cheating on them with Huey)

Be prepared for me to be ridiculously happy about this for the next few days. *GRIN*

Funny stuff...

10 Things you know from TV:

1. If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate wearing their most revealing underwear.

2. If being chased through town, you can usually take cover in a passing St. Patrick's Day parade - at any time of the year.

3. All beds have special L-shaped top sheets that reach up to armpit level on a woman, but only waist level on the man lying beside her.

4. All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French Bread.

5. It's easy for anyone to land a plane, providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.

6. Once applied, lipstick will never rub off - even while scuba diving.

7. The ventilation system of any building is a perfect hiding place. No one will ever think to look for you in there and you can travel to any other part of the building without difficulty.

8. You're likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.

9. Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.

10. The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window of any building in Paris.

More funny stuff...







No comments: