Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Daily Crazy - January 8, 2008

*singing*
"I keep livin' and lovin' and learnin' the hard way.
You're the hardest lesson, baby, of my life.
I keep livin' and lovin' and learnin' the hard way.
Someday baby, I will get it right."
- Faith Hill (The Hard Way)

I enjoy knitting. Have I shared this yet? And it seems the joy of knitting is contagious. My friends are joining the bandwagon (and have surpassed me... and have even started teaching ME patterns...)

Coolest thing? I discovered today that YouTube has videos to show you how to knit different stitches! WOOT! Ok COME ON. That's awesome. YouTube... you're the bestest.

Knitting is relaxing. (remember I said that) You can bring it just about anywhere. And it's pretty easy to do.

Now... yesterday I bought this fantastic yarn. It's even made from recycled material so ... go me, I'm saving the environment. I'm a champ.

Well... last night I went to start knitting with said yarn when... I pulled the end and... it became this spaghetti pile o' tangled mess. I learned the hard way NOT to pull the end. That I should gently and carefully unravel and re-roll the yarn. It looked something like this after I got through with it...

Yarn Pile

Have you ever tried to untangle yarn? It's a giant PAIN in the arse.
Patience is not one of my virtues.

frustrated

So if you buy yarn and it's sold like this...

Photobucket

Expect it to tangle when you go to knit with it... unless you are very very VERY careful. (I have another one to work with and I'm afraid it's gonna do the same thing... oy)

I've been untangling since last night. I'd say I've put about 3-4 hours into this mess and I've barely made a dent.

frustrated

By the end of the night ...

yarn

Funny stuff...

This morning on the drive to work I was careless and I had an accident. I rear-ended a car.

So there we are alongside the road and slowly the driver gets out of the car . . . and you
know how you just-get-sooo-stressed and like-stuff seems to get funny?

Yeah, well, I could NOT believe it . . he was a DWARF!
He storms over to my car, looks up at me and says, 'I AM NOT HAPPY!'

So, I look down at him and say, 'Well, which one are you then?'. . . and that's when the fight started.


More funny stuff...









3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I love to knit too! Must run in the family. I taught myself to knit an aran style cable twisty design poncho last year. It was awesome..until I tried it on. It was about 1 foot TOO BIG all 'round. LOL

Anonymous said...

Do you have a picture of the poncho? Would love to see it!!

Lady

Dorothy said...

I'll scan a picture and email it to you. :o)

Hugs!