Friday, January 4, 2008

The Daily Crazy - January 4, 2008

*singing*
"I've Been Working So Hard
I'm punching my card
Eight hours. For what?
Oh, tell me what I got
I've got this feeling
That time's just holding me down
I'll hit the ceiling
Or else I'll tear up this town
Tonight I gotta cut

*Loose, footloose
Kick off your Sunday shoes
Please, Louise
Pull me off a my knees
Jack, get back
C'mon before we crack
Lose your blues
Everybody cut footloose

You're playing so cool
Obeying every rule
Dig a way down in your heart
You're burning, yearning for some
Somebody to tell you
That life ain't passing you by
I'm trying to tell you
It will if you don't even try
You can fly if you'd only cut

Loose, footloose
Kick off your Sunday shoes
Oowhee, Marie
Shake it, shake it for me
Whoa, Milo
C'mon, c'mon let's go
Lose your blues
Everybody cut footloose

We got to turn me around
And put your feet on the ground
Now take a hold of the phone
Whooooooooa, I'm turning it loose

Loose, footloose
Kick off your Sunday shoes
Please, Louise
Pull me off a my knees
Jack, get back
C'mon before we crack
Lose your blues
Everybody cut footloose

Loose, footloose
Kick off your Sunday shoes
Please, Louise
Pull me off a my knees
Jack, get back
C'mon before we crack
Lose your blues

Everybody cut Footloose!"
- Kenny Loggins (Footloose)


One of my favorite clips...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi4U1u4LSdY




So... *sniffle*... I still have my bear of a cold. However, I am finally feeling a little better. Though mind you... not tip top. And I still sound pretty gross.

Anyhoo it's Friday and I'm feeling a bit better ... right? All seems good with the world.

eeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......HIT THE BRAKES.

I walk into work to... a verbal spanking. (thankfully, over the phone) Oh yes. And did I have it coming? NO. Did I bend over and take the ruler to the rear even though I wasn't in the wrong? YES. I'm such a pansy. *slapping palm to forehead*


I'll take my lumps when I deserve them, I think I've made that clear before. But when I take it and it's undeserved? So not CRICKET. Way to kick a girl while she's down. UGH.

After that lovely episode I just felt... icky. So I decided to Feng Shui my office and help clear out some of the negativity. (and later I'll burn incense and sing Kumbya... good grief what has come over me??)


I threw out mass amounts of old paperwork. I boxed up knick knacks that were so covered in dust it was hard to tell what they were anymore (ok, I'm playing that up a bit...). I hung new presents on the walls and did some serious rearranging.

My aura is a much happier color now... (yup... gotta lay off the cold meds...)

Another way to handle a tough day is... "Supermodel documentary hour!" (for those of you who haven't seen the movie Superstar with Molly Shannon... see the clip below and please rent it cuz you'll laugh. A lot.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD17m91kiSM




Couldn't resist ... had to include this clip too... laughing ... too ... hard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hINnnVQ9Zo




Funny stuff...











No comments: