Friday, April 18, 2008

The Daily Crazy - April 25, 2008

*singing*
Madonna - "4 minutes"


You know what stinks? Every watch I own is dead. Not one of them is working now. But yet… I still wear them. Why is that? And why is it I don’t go and get the batteries replaced?

Is it because I just don’t have the time?

Hahahahah!! Get it? Don’t have the time? I’m cracking myself up here...

Right.

I learned a valuable lesson last night. It is spring… but not quite. So we’ll call this season “Not-Quite Spring.”

It has been ridiculous pretty outside. I got home, threw aside the sliding glass doors, and flung myself outside with the dogs. My arms outstretched… face up to the sky…

Uh oh…

*singing* The HILLS are ALIVE… with the sound of MUSIC….

So I had the fan going, windows open, a lighter blanket, thin pajamas and… woke up at 2am freezing my behind off. Well DUH. It dropped back down into the 40’s at night. I’m a GENIUS.

Anyway...


So the other night…

I walk the dogs either right after work when it’s purty and sunny… or at night when it’s nice and quiet and the stars are out. I opted for the latter on this particular evening.

Picture this…

We’re walking along… walking along…

Tails swishing, big doggie grins on our faces. It’s a cool evening… the stars are twinkling. All is right with the world.

La la la… happy place… Until…

*sniff*… *sniff*

Hm.

*sniff*… *sniff*

I SMELL SKUNK.

And most of you know how much I loathe and despise skunks. After one got Dooley full in the face? Yeah. They can go play in traffic.

Photobucket

Back to the story…

We were still a good distance from the house… nowhere to turn… and it’s DARK. Plenty of places for creepy critters, such as this foul beastie, to hide.

I try to pick up the pace… and that’s when the boys decide they want to do some extra sniffing and drag along. GROAN.

That’s when it happens… Cody stops suddenly (and I almost go tumbling over him…) shoves his nose into a bunch of low bushes… and….

SURPRISE! yyyiiiiiiipppppeeeeeee!!!

A “thing” comes out of nowhere, bounces up, and scurries off in the other direction.

“It” being what I thought was the skunk of course. And being so on edge… expecting it to come out of nowhere and spray us… I nearly needed to change my shorts from the fright.

“It” turned out to be a cute, fuzzy, chubby lil’ bunny rabbit.

Lil’ bunny almost got a beat down. Cute or no.


Funny stuff...

http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/index.html

http://www.comics.com/comics/hedge/index.html

http://www.comics.com/comics/peanuts/

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I hav been trying so hard to NOT like that song - just on principle.. but I have to (grudgingly) admit that it is firmly stuck in my head... and I kinda like it... ugh.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard I almost fell off of my chair - too funny - and thanks alot - now I have the sound of music stuck in my head!